OCTOBER 18, 1993 -APRIL 30, 1994
As the first grand exhibition in Brigham Young University’s Museum of Art, this 178-piece exhibit sets the precedence for future exhibitions and impressed local viewers and donors. The exhibit held beautiful jewelry, crafted stoneware, armor and ancient murals and statues from the ancient Etruscan civilization on loan from the Vatican Museum. The Etruscans lived from 1000 B.C. to about 300 B.C. emerging in Eturia, north of Rome and spreading throughout ancient Italy as their civilization flourished. As the creators of togas, arches and Roman numerals and their civilization was conquered and absorbed by the Roman Empire several years before Christ. During this exhibition the atrium held a full sized replica of the front of an Etruscan temple surrounded by trees. Visitors were given a cassette player and headphones to listen to a 45-minute tour as they walked through the galleries.