2021 Hours and Admission
Monday-Thursday 10 AM – 6 PM
Friday 10 AM – 8 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
10 AM – 12 PM on Wednesdays are reserved for immunocompromised patrons
General admission to the Museum is always free, as is entrance to most exhibitions. On rare occasions there may be an admission fee for a special exhibition. Admission information will be kept updated on the Hours & Admission page of this website and can also be obtained by calling the Museum at 801-422-8287.
2021 HOLIDAY & EVENT CLOSURE
The Museum be closed on each of the following days:
- Saturday, April 3: General Conference
- Monday, May 31: Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5: Independence Day (observed)
- Saturday, July 24: Pioneer Day
- Monday, September 6: Labor Day
- Saturday, October 2: General Conference
- Thursday, November 25: Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 24: Christmas Eve
- Saturday, December 25: Christmas Day
- Friday, December 31: New Year’s Eve
- Saturday, January 1, 2022: New Year’s Day
The Museum will also close at 4:00 PM on Wednesday November 24.
Guests are invited to watch campus devotionals on Tuesdays at 11 AM in the MOA Auditorium.
Whether you’re a first-time guest or a seasoned museum-goer, we hope every visit to the BYU Museum of Art is a wonderful experience. To help you have a safe and fulfilling visit, here are a few useful tips.
- As of Winter Semester 2021, the MOA is taking extra measures to keep our guests safe in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, including masks, social distancing and more. A full list of these measures can be found here.
- Firearms and weapons are prohibited on BYU campus, including the Museum of Art. Animals are not permitted in the museum with the exception of trained service dogs.
- To preserve the condition of the art, backpacks are not allowed in the galleries.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. Food and drink from the MOA Cafe must remain in the Cafe.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all artwork is a touch-free, hands-free experience. Please do not touch the artwork.
- Please maintain a minimum of 18 inches distance between you and any artworks.
- Sketching in the galleries is not permitted without prior approval from the Registration Department.
- Personal use non-flash photography and video from phone cameras is acceptable unless otherwise indicated. SLR cameras, tripods, selfie-sticks, and other stabilitizing equipment is not permitted. Press photography and other requests can be made to the Museum Communications Department.
- We love when families and children visit the museum! Parents and caregivers—please keep an eye on your little ones so they don’t get lost…or so lost in the artwork that they accidentally touch it.
Free visitor parking is available immediately in front of the Museum’s north entrance on North Campus Drive and in any available visitor lot on the BYU campus. More information about parking and directions to the museum are available by calling the Museum at 801-422-8287.
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Information Desk: (801) 422-8287
Administration: (801) 422-8257
Address: BYU Museum of Art | North Campus Drive | Provo, UT 84602
Tour Scheduling / Volunteer Information: (801) 422-1140
Marketing & Public Relations: (801) 422-2569
Administrative Offices: (801) 422-8257
Museum Store: (801) 422-8214 or 877-266-5053
Rights and Reproductions: (801) 422-8205
Museum Cafe: (801) 422-6990