PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday, Thursday, and Friday: 10 AM – 9 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday: 10 AM – 6 PM
*From December 19 - January 7, the Museum will be operating on its holiday schedule:
Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Admission to the Museum is always free, as is entrance to all current exhibitions. Pre-booking is not required.
2022 HOLIDAY & EVENT CLOSURE
The Museum will be closed on each of the following days:
- Saturday, October 1: General Conference
- Saturday, November 5: Closed for routine maintenance
- Wednesday, November 23: The Museum will close at 4:00 PM
- Thursday, November 24: Thanksgiving
- Saturday, December 24: Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 26: Christmas Day (observed)
- Saturday, December 31: New Year’s Eve
- Monday, January 2, 2022: New Year’s Day (observed)
The MOA offers a wide variety of breathtaking, nuanced exhibitions to ensure that everyone who visits will find something to connect with, whether it’s an inspiring religious scene, a stunning landscape, or an abstract exploration. We encourage you to browse our events calendar to see what may be going on during your visit. These include expert lectures, art creation activities for children, live music performances, and more. And before you’re finished, make sure you drop by the MOA Store to pickup a souvenir, such as fine art print of one of the pieces you’ve seen!
Whether you’re a first-time guest or a season museum-goer, we hope every visit to the BYU Museum of Art is a wonderful experience. To help you have a safe and fulfilling visit, here are a few useful tips.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all artwork is a touch-free, hands-free experience. Please maintain a minimum of 18 inches distance between you and any artworks.
- To preserve the condition of the art, backpacks, food, and drink are not allowed in the galleries. Food and drink from the MOA Café must remain in the Café.
- Personal use non-flash photography and video from phones is acceptable unless otherwise indicated (and we invite you to tag us in your photos!). SLR cameras, tripods, selfie-sticks, and other stabilizing equipment is NOT permitted without prior authorization. All film or photography requests should be made to the Museum Communications Department using this form. Please submit your request at least two weeks in advance.
- Sketching in the galleries is not permitted without prior approval from the Registration Department.
- We love when families and children visit the museum! Parents and caregivers—please keep an eye on your little ones so they don’t get lost…or so lost in the artwork that they accidentally touch it.
- Firearms and weapons are prohibited on BYU campus, including the Museum of Art.
- Animals are not permitted in the museum with the exception of trained service dogs.
Free visitor parking is available near the Museum’s north entrance on North Campus Drive and in any available visitor lot on the BYU campus. Buses may drop off in front of the MOA, but must park in the lot southeast of Lavell Edwards Stadium. More information about parking and directions to the Museum are available by calling the Museum at 801-422-8287.
Information Desk: (801) 422-8287
Administration: (801) 422-8257
MOA Store: (801) 422-8214 or 877-266-5053
Museum Cafe: (801) 422-6990
Notice: Visitors to the Museum may be filmed, photographed, or recorded by the BYU Museum of Art during their visit for educational and promotional uses, including for posting on the BYU Museum of Art website, social media pages, etc.