PLAN YOUR VISIT
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Current Hours and Admission
Monday – Thursday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 9 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Admission to the Museum is always free, as is entrance to all current exhibitions. Pre-booking is not required. On rare occasions, special exhibitions in the future may require booking or carry a small admission fee.
2021 HOLIDAY & EVENT CLOSURE
The Museum will be closed on each of the following days:
- Saturday, April 3: General Conference
- Monday, May 31: Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5: Independence Day (observed)
- Saturday, July 24: Pioneer Day
- Monday, September 6: Labor Day
- Saturday, October 2: General Conference
- Thursday, November 25: Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 24: Christmas Eve
- Saturday, December 25: Christmas Day
- Friday, December 31: New Year’s Eve
- Saturday, January 1, 2022: New Year’s Day
The Museum will also close at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, November 24.
Free visitor parking is available immediately in front of the Museum’s north entrance on North Campus Drive and in any available visitor lot on the BYU campus. More information about parking and directions to the Museum are available by calling the Museum at 801-422-8287.
Whether you’re a first-time guest or a season museum-goer, we hope every visit to the BYU Museum of Art is a wonderful experience. To help you have a safe and fulfilling visit, here are a few useful tips.
- As of May 2021, the MOA recommends taking extra measures to keep our guests safe in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. A full list of these temporary measures can be found here.
- Firearms and weapons are prohibited on BYU campus, including the Museum of Art.
- Animals are not permitted in the museum with the exception of trained service dogs.
- To preserve the condition of the art, backpacks are not allowed in the galleries.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. Food and drink from the MOA Café must remain in the Café.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all artwork is a touch-free, hands-free experience. Please do not touch the artwork.
- Please maintain a minimum of 18 inches distance between you and any artworks.
- Sketching in the galleries is not permitted without prior approval from the Registration Department.
- Personal use non-flash photography and video from phone cameras is acceptable unless otherwise indicated. SLR cameras, tripods, selfie-sticks, and other stabilizing equipment is not permitted. Press photography and other requests can be made to the Museum Communications Department.
- We love when families and children visit the museum! Parents and caregivers—please keep an eye on your little ones so they don’t get lost…or so lost in the artwork that they accidentally touch it.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR VISIT
The MOA offers a wide variety of breathtaking, nuanced exhibitions to ensure that everyone who visits will find something to connect with, whether it’s an inspiring religious scene, a stunning landscape, or an abstract exploration. To gain insider perspectives from our experts on these artworks, we invite you to download our app (available on Apple and Android) before your visit; this will help you access tours, activities, and audiovisual guides while you are here.
We also encourage you to browse our events calendar to see what may be going on during your visit. These include expert lectures, art creation activities for children, live music performances, and more. And before you’re finished, make sure you drop by the MOA Store to pickup a souvenir, such as fine art print of one of the pieces you’ve seen!
GENERAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Information Desk: (801) 422-8287
Administration: (801) 422-8257
Address: BYU Museum of Art | North Campus Drive | Provo, UT 84602
Tour Scheduling / Volunteer Information: (801) 422-1140
Marketing & Public Relations: (801) 422-2569
Administrative Offices: (801) 422-8257
Museum Store: (801) 422-8214 or 877-266-5053
Rights and Reproductions: (801) 422-8205
Museum Cafe: (801) 422-6990